After Hours Telephone Advice
The Telephone Health Advisory Service is a Ministry of Health and Long Term Care initiative aimed at improving access to primary health care services for Ontario residents enrolled with a Family Health Team.
Hours of Operation
You can call the Telephone Health Advisory Service:
- Mondays through Fridays from 5pm to 9am
- Weekends from 5pm Friday to 9am on Mondays, and
- 24 hours a day on recognized holidays
Telephone Health Advisory Number to Call
When you call the Telephone Health Advisory Service you will be:
- Connected to a nurse who will verify that you are rostered with the Family Health Team
- Asked a series of questions to assess your health concerns
- Provided with health care advice so that you can manage your care at home or,
- Advised to see your doctor or nurse practitioner within a few days.
In some cases, the nurse:
- Will contact an on-call Family Health Team doctor to discuss your symptoms and determine the most appropriate course of action, or the nurse may advise you to go to the nearest emergency department.
With your consent, the nurse will send information to your health care provider about your call to the Telephone Health Advisory Service.
The Emergency Department in Prince Edward County is located at Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital (PECMH) located at 403 Main Street in Picton.
PECMH Main Phone 613-476-2181